Wednesday, August 17, 2011

1st Week of School

Today is the official first day of school around here. 1-4 had a first day on Monday, but then it was only half day for 4. Then she didn't have school Tuesday, so today is the first full day for everyone. And 5 has been in camp all week too, so it really feels like school has finally begun around here.

I am trying to enjoy my peaceful days this week as next week, 5 will be home again until after labor day, when his school starts up again.

Its been an exciting week around here. 1 & 2 shared a room until Saturday, when we put 1 & 6 together, and 2 & 5. The little boys are loving it, and the big boys are enjoying a break from each other. They have recesses together this year and we thought it might be a good idea to let them have some separation at home.

Monday afternoon we had melt down city, which was SO fun to be a part of, and an even more difficult Tuesday morning of tired kids. Tuesday afternoon was not as bad as Monday, however they destroyed the house while playing battle which was not so great as I had spent the better part of my Tuesday putting everything back where it belongs.

So today I spent some more time re doing what I had done Tuesday. That wasn't annoying or anything. Hopefully it will be an easier afternoon for everyone.

I have pictures from the first day of school, but DH took them with his camera, so I cannot get to them until he shares his password with me. I've seen them, and they are pretty cute.


3 comments:

  1. I CAN NOT STAND IT when they tear up the house in the name of fun. HATE IT. And I don't have it in me to stop them from playing a fun game together, while leaving me alone for 5 minutes to take care of Maggie/feed Maggie/ change Maggie's diaper/ cook dinner/ do laundry/ take a deep breath. So I suppose we have to pay the price for those moments for ourselves...

    I can't believe that school is starting! I can't believe they are all going! I can't believe how jealous I am! :) Charlie starts on the 13th (or around then), so I'm early anticipating some quiet time with just the two. It's only 2.5 hours, 3 days a week, but I'm READY!!! He is too. Boy, they love school when they are little, don't they?! So cute.

    Okay, enjoy your quiet mornings and crazy afternoons. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How is it going now that they are all back in their routine this week? Even though they are in school all day, it does go by quickly! Good luck and I hope all is well....see you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS Glad you are able to keep up the blog! My girls and I are enjoying it and Ellen got a kick out of the pictures you posted! Even though we are close in miles, we might as well be far because we don't see nearly enough of everyone! It is nice to see pics!

    ReplyDelete