Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Seven

I'm not going to sugar coat it...Life with 7 is pretty challenging.  Baby doesn't like to sleep, although she is getting better each week.  And the older kids are more and more argumentative each day.  I want one day where they all do what they know they are supposed to do without a knock down, drag out fight to make it happen.  It's exhausting. And I am majorly sleep deprived as it is.  It is hard to remember what needs to happen each day, much less keep track of who sat where int he car last so we can "keep it fair".  AHHH!

One day at a time, right?  

This too shall pass, right?

Will I remember any of this??  Really?  Will I?

Judging from the recollections of older moms I know, the definitive answer is NO.  There is no way moms remember the first few months of life with new baby, because its really hard, and really exhausting.  

I can remember being told that it only gets harder as they get older, so enjoy the little kids, little problems, moments in time.  I'm not sure it gets harder, but it certainly changes.  My 10 year old is difficult, but not any harder than the 2 month old.  Just as challenging, though.  I spend my days trying to translate what they are each telling me in their own way and dealing with their problems, no mater how big or small.  Because I do know that no matter what it is, it seems HUGe to them, and they want help.  

There in lies the problem of a big family.  How does one very sleep deprived mom, and one over worked dad find time, energy and patience to interpret the requests and meet the demands of all these kids?

Rest assured...we do.  But it is definitely at the cost of personal time, or as I call it... sleep.

They are staying after school today for Chess, and the 3 babies are sleeping...nope make that 2 are sleeping and one just came to ask for a snack.  Guess its time to resume my day.  Maybe I'll find time again to post some insights into my days.  Til then....




No comments:

Post a Comment