Friday, July 1, 2011

Life and times with a 9 year old an be quite difficult.

Tonight it was 1 turn to have a temper fit. Of course it made me miss 2's first playoff game, which they won. So how do you convince a 9 year old that people love him and care about him? Well it turns out he just wants to be heard. It's hard to get a word in around here, and he has been feeling neglected. This plus the exhaustion of a week of camp and baseball practice equals one major meltdown. He used every ugly word he knew and attempted to wrestle with me. Good thing I have older brothers:) I was prepared to handle his outburst without losing it myself.

So, once he calmed down and relaxed his nerves, we had a little pow wow to let him get out his feelings. We even talked about how he thinks things could change to be better. Now to get DH on board. That is probably going to be the hardest part.

I also need to figure out a way to get the Queen, aka 3, under control. She certainly knows how to press those buttons, and does so with reckless abandon!

1 comment:

  1. Oh man. You are super-human. So hard to give everyone the attention that they need and deserve, and still manage to keep your sanity (and find time to give YOURSELF the attention that YOU need and deserve...). Ugh. Parenting is such a balancing act, isn't it?

    I'm sorry that everyone is acting up. I hope that things calm down soon... like in the next 18 years! lol Thinking of you!!!

    ReplyDelete